Injection molding machine is to make thermoplastics or thermosetting plastics into various shapes of plastic products using plastic molding molds. It is divided into vertical, horizontal and all-electric type. The following is a brief introduction to the classification and features of injection molding machines.
(1) by plasticizing method
- Plunger plastic injection molding machine
Its mixing function is very poor, and its plasticizing function is not good. It need install shunt shuttle device. Rarely used.
2. Reciprocating screw plastic injection molding machine
Relying on the screw for plasticization and injection, the mixing and plasticizing function are very good. It is widely used.
3. Screw–Plunger plastic injection molding machine
Relying on the screw for plasticization and the plunger for injection. Two processes are separated.
(2) by clamping mold method
(1)Vertical injection molding machine
1. The injection device and the clamping device are on the same vertical centerline. The mold is opened and closed in the up and down direction. The floor area is only about half of the horizontal machine, so the productivity is about twice as much in terms of floor space.
2. It is easy to realize insert molding. Because the mold surface faces up, insert placement is easy. If the lower die plate is fixed and the upper die is movable, the combination of the belt conveyor and the manipulator can easily realize fully automatic insert molding.
3. The weight of the mold is supported by the horizontal template to open and close up. It will not make a sound similar to the horizontal machine due to the gravity of the mold, which makes the template unable to open and close. It is beneficial to maintain the accuracy of machinery and molds for durability.
4. Each plastic part cavity can be taken out by a simple manipulator, which is conducive to precision molding
(2)Horizontal injection molding machine
1. Due to its low body, there is no height limit for the plant where it is placed.
2. Product can be automatically dropped, can be realized without the use of a robot hand.
3.Due to the low body, the feeding is convenient and the maintenance is easy.
4. The mold needs to be installed by crane
5. When multiple units are arranged side by side, the molded products are easily collected and packaged by the conveyor belt.